Wednesday 2 May 2012

Canada Screenshots

Here is some screenshots of the finished model in maya before it gets imported on unity, Im happy with the results, but the only problem I have is that it looks a little bare and could do with a few more assets maybe to liven it up. However hopefully when its placed into unity we can add things such as chocolate water which will really bring it out to play. I did a few alterations to the level aswell as I wasnt happy with the roof like model which was supposed to represemt the forest and the idea was to have snow droping off. I could'nt get the texture to look right and just felt like it didnt belong cause it had a completly different aesthetic aproach because I tried something new and it looks alot better without, provides more open space which kind of works among the setting for Canada.

Also I also played around with the cake background as it was rather dull and uninteresteing as they were all that same size, its not doing alot but even something so small such as changing the size and rotating some of them as they were duplicated can make it feel alot more organic and like it actually belongs there. I Also decided to get rid of the Cup Cake which I had mentioned constantly throughtout the project, I just couldnt get it to feel rid so I decided to get rid at a late stage. If I was to do it again I obviously would have liked to have kept it in the game by going back and remodeling it but I hoped that I could sort out the textures to look good at a later date but it just was'nt working so I decided to get rid of it and it looks a lot better without . I tried to replace the cupcake by duplicating the ice cream but that neded me to go back and remodel so I just added a bigger bridge.






No comments:

Post a Comment