Wednesday 2 May 2012

Texturing Research


With the models complete which didn't take long at all, cause we planned well ahead it was time to get to one of the most important stages which was texturing, we knew we were going for very cartoon like aesthetics and from the Elemental project we experimented with the toon shading and it looked really nice. We also really liked the texturing on Paper Moon which we mentioned on a blog before, going for that kind of influence, but including colour as we didn't think our level would work as black and white due to the importance of the colour tones on the level such as the different sauces and different foods, and we wanted to each level to have a different feel, even though I love the texturing on Paper Moon and is defiantly something i'd like to explore with at a further date, I think were gonna have to use colour but we could still take influence from the basis of the design. But yeh I think Toon shading is a great way to take the project forward, and thanks to the previous project i learned how to use this technique effectivly so that it works on Unity as we had issues before, so hopefully I can improve on the skills I learned before to improve and test my self for this project. Heres a quick test I did involving the end of the USA Level where I quickly textured the pizza, letters and burger boxes. And I'm really liking the feel simple colours with a black outline, its worth mentioning when I come to texturing probably I will be going more over the top with the sauces and putting them all over the assets. I think were aiming for simple bold colours in the front. However when it comes to doing concept art for the background Ifraz is going to put that into a lot more detail and wont just rely on bold colours so thats when were hoping they should both compliment each other, and its something were looking forward to experimenting with. Unfortunately that won't be ready for a few more weeks as currently Ifraz is concentrating on the modelling and animating the main character, Ned Bunsem





No comments:

Post a Comment